DSLR cameras excel in some areas, but lack in others. Let's go over some DSLR camera pros and cons to help you better understand.
- DSLR cameras allow you to mix and match an endless variety of lenses. Your choice! From standard to fisheye lenses, zoom lenses, wide angle, short telephoto, medium telephoto, macro, virtually every photography situation has a lens for it.
- DSLRs have been around for a very long time and have long been established as the go-to for professional photographers.
- DSLR cameras do an excellent job in very low visibility and offer amazingly high resolution.
- Fast auto-focus adjusts for fast-moving objects including people, sporting-events, and animals.
- DSLRs are hard for on-the-go camera action as they tend to be bulky and heavier, and require the right lens.
- DSLRs make noise because of the moving parts inside which means it can distract and ruin your photo shot.
- Video quality may be lower compared to rivals like mirrorless cameras.